1 day event - 22 Sep 2011 from 10:00 until 16:00
This one day conference provides an important update on developing, measuring and maintaining competence in advanced nursing roles and practice with a focus on quality, improvement, innovation and career development and progression.
The conference begins with keynote presentations from the Royal College of Nursing and Nursing and Midwifery Council with an overview of career and competence frameworks relevant to nursing practice and plans for transforming nursing education and revalidation.
- Career and competence frameworks for nursing
- Education, regulation and fitness to practice: national update
- Extended session: developing and implementing a competency framework
- Assessing and monitoring competence and identifying lack of competence
- Demonstrating competence in a new role or skill
- Working autonomously: developing and demonstrating competence to run a nurse led service competently
- Competency development for advanced nurses
- The ‘skills passport’ and competence based national role templates to facilitate consistency, career progression and movement between specialties and career paths
- Achieving and maintaining competence for career development and progression
- Roger Thompson Director of Nursing and Midwifery Policy and Practice The Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Jan Keenan Consultant Nurse and NMP Lead Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust
- Elaine Strachan Hall Director of Nursing and Clinical Leadership Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust
For full details of conference topics and speakers and to book online view the conference programme. This conference has been RCN accredited by the RCN accreditation unit