Call for sponsorship/enablement applications
MEDEV is often asked to sponsor or enable activities which may be important and worthy of support, such as:
- an internal/regional teaching and learning event or similar meeting
- travel/registration support to attend a UK conference or event (staff and students)
- [unfortunately applications for subsidy of student fees and sponsorship of commerically organised or third party events are ineligible]
In addition, there is an increasing pressure on those wishing to share experience and practice to cover costs or otherwise cut back on current activity due to the current UK financial situation. MEDEV are trialling a new process for bidding for a maximum of £100 sponsorship/enablement which will cease if the scheme is abused, or proves too difficult to administer.
The following conditions apply:
- requests are limited to a maximum of £100 per application
- proposals must be commensurate with the purpose and values of the Higher Education Academy, HEALTH Network Group values (MEDEV and HSaP together form the Academy HEALTH Network Group) and MEDEV subject centre constituency
- the MEDEV logo must appear on relevant documentation, such as the programme or agenda, acknowledgments, welcome address to delegates (ppt), etc.
- MEDEV needs to receive a copy of all the attendee institutions (ideally names of attendees and their institutions) as we have to report all expenditure of SC funds against UK HE institutions, therefore the event will be listed as a sponsored event in our annual report and other places, as required
- MEDEV will undertake a greater level of advertising for sponsored events than for other events
- all proposals are externally reviewed (thank you to our external reviewers) and the reviewer's decision is final
- there is no deadline for submission of proposals
To discuss any aspect of this call please contact enquiries at MEDEV or telephone 0191 2225888.
This was a pilot scheme and due to unforeseen circumstances we are able to consider applications until the 30th of September (activities may take place after this date).
We are pleased to announce the outcomes of the Call for sponsorship/enablement applications below.