This workshop is now closed
An opportunity to contribute to the development of resources for teacher trainers in health care education
1. To foster an active community of practice to support the evaluation and evolution of the resources
2. To build up the bank of subject related learning and teaching resources designed to support the delivery of teacher development programmes to health care professionals.
Key activities will include:
* an online review and evaluation of the resources currently available and explanation of how the site is structured
* practical exercises to access and utilise the resources available
* small group work to share and develop new resources fo
Please note that participants are invited to bring along sample resources and to commit to sharing them on the site.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
* Identify current key issues in staff development ? e.g making use of the Academy?s professional standards
* Explain the purpose and principles of RAFTT
* Share and evaluate examples of current RAFTT resources
* Share and evaluate strategies to develop the teaching skills of health care educators
* Share examples of teacher training resources
* Identify gaps in current resource provision
* Determing the mext steps towards building our community of practice
Nigel Purcell is a Senior Education Advisor at the subject centre for medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine
Reg Dennick is the Professor in Medical Education & Management at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Nottingham
Professor John Spencer is the Professor of Medical Education in Primary Health Care at the University of Newcastle
All three facilitators have very extensive experience of staff development in the field of medical and dental education.
Staff who are involved in the delivery of teaching development programmes to staff providing medical, dental and veterinary education.
The Higher Education AcademyInnovation Way York Science Park Heslington York