The GMC is consulting on a range of guidance explaining the detail of Good Medical Practice.
The consultation is part of the ongoing review of Good Medical Practice. It’s open to anyone who wishes to comment on the issues in the revised guidance – this is your chance to have your say.
The consultation runs from Wednesday 18 April 2012 to Wednesday 13 June 2012.
The pieces in consultation are:
- Acting as a witness in legal proceedings
- Delegation and referral
- Financial and commercial arrangements and conflicts of interest
- Ending your professional relationship with a patient
- Maintaining boundaries which now splits into: Intimate examinations and chaperones
- Maintaining a professional boundary between you and your patient
- Sexual behaviour and your duty to report
- Personal beliefs and medical practice
- Reporting criminal and regulatory proceedings within and outside the UK
- Doctors' use of social media
- Taking up and ending appointments
19 April 2012